Happy August y’all! I haven’t written a wrap up post in so long but this month I was like you know what, I read so many great books in July- I have to talk about them! I’m going to have reviews going out about some of these books later this month, so keep an eye out for those (I’ll make sure to call them out). Let’s get started!
- Starsight– This was the first book I finished this month and it was so good! I borrowed a copy of it from the library back before everything closed in March and finally read it it July
- Zone of Action– I got an e-ARC of this one from NetGalley and wrote a review of it here and it was so good! Definitely a fan.
- Ember Queen– This was another book I had borrowed a copy of from the library back in March and I finally got to in July (I returned both this one and Starsight as soon as I finished them so the library could sanitize them and give them to other patrons as soon as possible though!)
- The Gilded Ones– Oooooo this one was SO FREAKING GOOD!!!! I was so lucky to get approved for an e-ARC of this one before they pushed the release date to 2021 and pulled it from NetGalley! I loved it so much and I’ve already written up a review, but I won’t post it until a little closer to the new release date.
- King of Scars– I FINALLY finished reading King of Scars! I had been dragging my feet on this one because I just wasn’t far enough in it to really get into the story, but once I forced myself to really get into the meat of the story (right around the 50% mark), I got so hooked, I couldn’t put it down and now I can’t wait for the next book!
- Court of Lions– Ahhh this book killed me in the best way possible! I loveddddd this one so much (check out my review here)- if you haven’t already pre-ordered it, it comes out tomorrow, August 4th, so make sure you grab it as soon as you can!
- The Bromance Book Club– Bee read this one before I did and she highly recommended it, so I put a hold on the ebook at the library and I read it so quickly as soon as I got it! I loved the writing style and the characters and it was such a fun romance novel.
- Cowboy SEAL Homecoming– This was a random ebook I checked out from the library that looked like it could be promising and it was alright. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t my favorite read of the month.
- Handle with Care– Ahhh I’ve become like a Marie Harte junkie this year- I’ve read so many of her books and this one was just as great as all of the other ones! I really liked Evan and Kenzie as leads and their relationship with Daniel (Kenzie’s 13 year old brother) was adorable. I cannot wait for my library to have the next book in this series in their collection!
- Where Dreams Descend– Ooo this was such an amazing book! I loved everything about it and I can’t wait for everyone to read this one! I’m part of the Wednesday Books blog tour for this one, so look out for my post on August 26th and grab the book when it comes out on August 25th!
- Star Daughter– OMG this book was one of my most anticipated books of the year and it didn’t disappoint. I’m part of the book tour for this one with Hear Our Voices Book Tours and I’m so happy they chose me to read and review this amazing book!!! The writing and imagery were incredible and I loved the story. I saw so much of myself and my heritage in Star Daughter and I need everyone to pre-order this book or get it at your library or something because you need it in your life! My stop on the book tour is on August 9th and Star Daughter comes out on August 11th.
- Kiss My Cupcake– I was so excited when my wish for this one on NetGalley was granted! I ended up reading this book in less than a day and it was so good and cute! I’ll be posting my review sometime soon (maybe on the 11th when the book comes out), so be on the lookout for that!
- Undercover Bromance– This was the last book I read this month and I started it and finished it on the 30th and I really enjoyed it! I didn’t like it as much as I liked the Bromance Book Club, but I still really, really liked it and now I can’t wait to read book 3!
And there you have it! There’s my July in books! 13 books is not bad at all for a month in which I’ve been rewatching a TV show, working on job applications, writing all the blog posts, and trying to get back into (safely) dating during a pandemic! What all did y’all read during July?