Happy end of March/beginning of April y’all! Can you believe that we’re a quarter into this year already? Crazy! I’m super excited about how March turned out because I was able to get my first dose of the Moderna vaccine, I tried a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, which turned out really good, I finally finished knitting my brother’s Christmas present (only a few months late… it’s a scarf and it’s the most complicated pattern I’ve ever knit and it turned out so good!) and I ate all the good food! Books wise, while I didn’t exactly follow my TBR, I was a lot more relaxed this month and that was so nice! I didn’t feel stressed about finishing any books, which was so nice!
Here’s a list of everything I read this month:
- Down Comes the Night by Allison Saft- I had an eARC of this one and I really enjoyed aspects of it! Read my review here
- Covet by Tracy Wolff- I was on a blog tour with Turn the Page tours for this one and I loved it! Check out my review here
- City of Spells by Alexandra Christo- I was on a blog tour with Terminal Tours for this one and I really enjoyed both City of Spells (which is book 2 in the duology) and Into the Crooked Place (which is book 1). Check out my review here
- The Crow Rider by Kalyn Josephson- I listened to the audiobook of this one this month and it was a fun listen. I liked book one, but I think I liked book 2 just a little bit better.
- The Last Secret You’ll Ever Keep by Laurie Faria Stolarz- I read an eARC of this one and it just wasn’t the book for me… I liked the ending, but the beginning was really hard for me to get into. Read more of my thoughts here
- Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine- I love the Great Library series and I had finally gotten the ebook of Sword and Pen on hold from the library, but I couldn’t get to reading it because I had to finish my ARCs and blog tour books, so when I saw that Scribd had the audiobook for Sword and Pen, I pounced on it! I really loved this series, and while the ending made me sad, I know why it had to end in the way that it did.
- Warm Nights In Magnolia Bay by Babette de Jongh- I read this eARC this month, and it was fine, but nothing special. Read my thoughts here
- Namesake by Adrienne Young- I LOVED Fable, so when I saw the audiobook for Namesake on Scribd, I started listening to it ASAP! I really enjoyed both of these books (they’re for sure my Adrienne Young books). Read my (spoiler filled) thoughts here
- Incendiary by Zoraida Córdova- Incendiary had been on my list for quite some time, so when I saw that I could check out an ebook of it from my library with no wait earlier this month, I did that right away and I’m so glad I did! I really loved the world building and the characters and the magic system and I’m so excited to read book 2 when it comes out!
- A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J Maas- I know not everyone like Sarah J Maas and her books, but I’m a huge fan. I love all of them- this one was probably lower on my list of favorites though. I’m going to write a full review on it soon, so be on the lookout for that, but in general, while it was a good book and it made me so happy to be back in a world I loved, I think a lot of the choices were not the best.
- Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston- This book is like Incendiary where it’s been on my list since before it came out and when I saw that it could be borrowed right away, I grabbed it (I actually grabbed both Among the Beasts and Briars and Incendiary at the same time). I didn’t expect to love this book as much as I did! It’s probably one of my favorite reads of the year so far and I really hope we get a sequel/spinoff about Seren and his 8 years with the Lady of the Wilds!
In April, I’d like to read:
- The Infinity Courts– I have an eARC for this one and it comes out on April 6, so I need to read it/finish it ASAP so I can get my review out. I’ve already started it, and it’s really good so far!
- Havoc– I’m reading/reviewing both Haven and Havoc for Entangled Teen and I need to get those done by the 5th, so I need to speed read for sure.
- Haven– Same as above.
- The Roommate– I have this one checked out as an ebook from the library, so I have like 15 days left to read it.
- Not Like the Movies– I have this one checked out as an ebook from the library, so I have maybe 16 days to read it.
- Winner Takes All– This is another eARC that comes out on the 6th that I need to read ASAP.
- To Love and to Loathe– And this is one more of those eARCs that come out on the 6th that needs to be read ASAP.
- Like a Boss– This eARC comes out on the 19th, so I have a little more time to read it.
- These Feathered Flames– I’m on a blog tour with Inkyard Press for this one and it comes out on the 20th, so I have a little more time to read this one.
- Southern Star, Northern Sun– This one’s also an eARC that comes out on the 20th, so I’ve got time still.
- World’s Worst Boyfriend– Man, I have lots of eARCs this month, and lots that are coming out on either the 6th or the 20th (this one is the 20th).
- Anchored Hearts– This eARC comes out on the 27th.
- Gilded Serpent– This eARC also comes out on the 27th.
- The Sky Above Us– I’m on a blog tour for a physical copy of this one on the 15th.
- The Secret Bridesmaid– This one doesn’t come out until May, so if I have time, I’ll read it in April.
- Like Cats and Dogs– This one also doesn’t come out until May, so same boat.
- Maybe We Will- And this is another not until May eARC.
- Nemesis– I’m currently listening to the audiobook of this one on Scribd, so I’m hoping I’ll finish it this month.
- A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire– I just got this one from this library, so I’ll be read at some point in April (and I’m the most excited because I loved book 1).
Looking at this list, I’m a little intimidated because I start a new job in April and I’ve got a lot going on family wise, so I don’t know if I’ll have time to read all 19 books I have planned, but we’ll see what happens! How was your reading in March? What are you planning on reading in April? Have you read any of the books I read or any of the books I’m planning on reading or are they on your TBR too? Let me know!