Happy October y’all! I’m so excited for October! It’s such a fun month- fall really begins, I always try and go apple picking, and it’s Halloween time! And, even better, it’s the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year- the holidays! I’m a big fan.
You know what else I was a big fan of? All of the great books I read in September! Even though September was a ridiculously busy month at work and with the fam, I was able to read a good amount of books. AND most of them were really good, so that’s definitely a great sign for the rest of the year.
Here’s everything I read in September:
- Hawk- I was on a blog tour for this one earlier in the month and it was definitely an interesting book. Not my favorite read of the month, but not a terrible book either.
- Dark and Shallow Lies- I was on a blog tour for this one too and I loved it! Such a great fall book! Make sure you grab it if you haven’t read it yet!
- Bones of Ruin- I got an eARC of this one (and I was on a bookstagram tour so I got the finished copy through that) and it was such a good book. I’m super excited to see where the next book goes!
- Witch Please- I got an eARC of this one and while it was fine, it wasn’t my favorite (because I didn’t really like the main characters), but I loved the world and I’m the most excited to read book two when it comes out!
- Lies like Wildfire- I got an eARC of this one I never really think about the wildfires in California (besides like a passing aww that’s sad), so this book was a super interesting deep dive into what living in that area during a wildfire is like. I was a big fan.
- The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina- I got an eARC of this one too and it was so good. I’m not normally a fan of magical realism, but I really liked the way that this one was done and the way that it was written! I highly recommend picking it up!
- Uncharted- Another eARC! This one should have been a favorite of mine- a military/bioterrorism based romance? Like that’s all I ever want, but for some reason I didn’t like it that much. Like it was fine, but not the best.
- Serve ‘N’ Protect- This was another eARC and it also had everything that should have made it amazing, but it was also just fine. There were so many other books that I enjoyed so much more this month.
- Witchshadow- I grabbed this one from the library and I was so excited to read it! I love all of the witchlands books and Witchshadow was so good!
- First Love, Part Two- I loved book one in this series so much, so I was so excited to get an eARC of this book! I really liked it and I highly recommend it!
- When Sparks Fly- When Sparks Fly was such a well done and cute book and I’m so glad I was able to read an eARC of it!
- Iron Widow- Iron Widow was a great sci fi novel about giant human controlled robots battling aliens. I’m so glad I was able to read an eARC of it!
- Lakesedge- I really liked how fall-y and mystical Lakesedge was! Not only did I love this book and this world, but I’m so excited for book 2!
- Beasts and Beauty: Dangerous Tales- I was on a blog tour for this book and it was so cute! I definitely enjoyed it!
- Eight Perfect Hours- This book was fine- there were parts I really liked and parts that I didn’t like as much, but I’m really glad I was able to read the eARC for it!
- No Ordinary Christmas- Ahhhh my first Christmas eARC of the year! This one was super cute and I really enjoyed it!
- The Inn on Sweetbriar Lane- Ahhh my last read of September! This one was a great beginning to a new series- I really liked this cute small town, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the love interest, so I’m really excited to read the next books in this series when they come out!
And that’s everything I read in September! Here’s to October being just as great!