Man, I can’t believe that we’re already in December and this year is almost over! OMG! I’ll do a full year wrap up either at the end of December or at the beginning of January, but man, thinking back over the whole year is going to be super fun.
Let’s talk November though. This was a great month. Bee and I went to Yallfest in Charleston, which was amazing! Super different than it normally is, but in a good way. We did a lot a panels and there were no ARC lines and we spent most of our time in Charleston relaxed, eating, drinking (lots of drinks), and just having fun. We’ve already started talking about plans for next year, so we’ll see what we end up doing then! I also tried a bunch of new recipes for Thanksgiving, which was super exciting. My family always does Thanksgiving a little differently from the norm- my mom’s a vegetarian, so we never had a turkey, but for the past 4 or so years, I’ve been doing pretty much all of the cooking, so I set the menu, and it’s never traditional. I make whatever I want, and the fam has to live with it haha for example, last year I made portabella tacos as our main dish and this year, we had the famous TikTok feta and tomato pasta (with a bunch of different veggie sides). We always eat our big Thanksgiving meal around like 1 or 2, which means we have room for a large charcuterie board at 7ish for dinner, and my brother and sister-in-law always take care of that. It’s a fun time for sure.
Ok enough about the rest of November, let’s get to good stuff- what did I actually read?
In November I read:
- Once Upon a Broken Heart: I read an audiobook of this one and I loved it! I’ve really enjoyed all of Stephanie Garber’s books, so I can’t wait to see where she takes this story.
- Isn’t it Bromantic?: I borrowed this one from the library and I have been waiting to read the Russian’s story for a while! I really liked him as a character and while none of these books have been as great as book one, I still really enjoyed this one and I really home we get more stories with these characters!
- All of Us Villains: I love everything by Amanda Foody, so I was the most excited to read an eARC of this one (read my review here) and it was incredible. Like some people might say that I’m overhyping it, but All of Us Villains was probably one of my favorite books of the year.
- Never Fall for Your Fiancée: I read an eARC of this one as well and this year, I’ve been reading more period/historical rom coms (I read two more in November itself!) and they were all so good! Read my full review here.
- All the Feels: I really enjoyed book one in this series (Spoiler Alert) and so I was super excited to read All the Feels when I got an eARC of it. It was really cute and I definitely enjoyed it! Read all of my thoughts about it here.
- The Hookup Dilemma: This one was not my favorite book this month- it had such a great premise but I felt like the execution was lacking. There were so many amazing ideas that just felt half baked. Read my full review here (and if you’ve read it and you really liked it, tell me what I missed in the comments please!).
- Duke, Actually: Ahhh a cute, Christmas rom com with some royalty mixed in. I thought Duke, Actually was adorable and I really enjoyed it as a fun, lighthearted read for the holiday season. Check out my review here.
- A Lady’s Guide to Mischief and Mayhem: Forever sent me a copy of this in the late summer/early fall (it was one of the first books they ever sent me and now I’m on their distribution list, which is great because they’re amazing and their books are amazing) and I was finally able to get around to reading it right before An Heiress’s Guide to Deception and Desire came out and it was so good. I never thought I’d be like a historical/period romance person, but I’m really enjoying them!
- An Heiress’s Guide to Deception and Desire: Forever approved me for an eARC of this one and I’m so glad I was able to read book one (A Lady’s Guide) and this one (book two) in a row because they were so good! I loved all of the characters and the plot line and ahhh I cannot wait to read book three whenever it comes out! Read my full review here.
- Killer Content: I was on a blog tour for this one and it was such a cool thriller- I love the thought that we’re already getting books about TikTok influencers! I mean it also makes me feel super old, but I love it anyway. Read my full thoughts/why I loved Killer Content here.
- Forever Home: This one was another cute sequel to a book I had read last year- I enjoyed it for sure! There were so many familiar elements, but it would have been a great standalone book too- and as I’ve gotten more and more involved in my gym community, I appreciate gym communities in general even more, so I love how much of a part that is in this book series. You can read my full review here.
- Finding Paradise: Another sequel! This one in small town Alaska, and y’all, small town Alaska romances are the best these days- such great settings, such wonderful characters. Everything you could want in a book honestly! Read my full review here.
- The Christmas Wedding Guest: Susan Mallery is my favorite and her small town of Wishing Tree and the romances that she set there for Reggie and Dena were so cute! I for sure enjoyed them and this book got me even more in the Holiday spirit. Read my full review here.
Now let’s see how December ends up going! If off of work from the 22nd to the end of the year, so hopefully I’ll have some good reading time then! What all did you guys read in November? Any suggestions for my ever growing TBR?